57 replies to this topic

#31 Nine Ether

Nine Ether

CC Soldier

• Rippers
  • Pip
  • 408 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Basically. The layers are like a set of piano keys that a mixer uses to create a completely new rhyme and just like the piano the amount of compositions that can be created are infinite.

#32 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(cre8 @ Oct 2 2012, 03:57 AM) View Post
An "infinite rhyme" is a series of songs which share the same sequence of rhyming sounds, such that one could substitute a line from one song for one from a different song, and still have a continuous, rhyming verse.

Because there are five different songs- called "layers"- there are 5 different possibilities for the first line. If there are 5 possibilities for the second line, this means that there are 25 possibilities for the first two lines.

Assuming that there are 200 lines- called "bars"- in each layer, there are 62 230 152 778 611 417 071 440 640 537 801 242 405 902 521 687 211 671 331 011 166 147 896 988 340 353 834 411 839 448 231 257 136 169 569 665 895 551 224 821 247 160 434 722 900 390 625 possible combinations.

And this is assuming that one wishes only to exchange entire lines. One could exchange paragraphs, words, phrases, or any combination of the above... The only limit is the imagination.

See Raymond Queneuau's "Cent Mille Milliards de po�mes" to get an idea of what Canibus is doing:

http://www.growndodo...^14sonnets.html

Great post.

http://canibuscentra...amp;mode=linear

There was a thread called " Infinity inspiration?" that I just answered some things in too but it got erased or moved, I'm actually glad to see other threads too inquiring about ploo here.

But in that thread I showed the OP a track I did with L3athal that shouted out Raymond Queneuau last year on a beat I did flipping the Rip vs Poet Laureate instruments. Was talking about how I make new words just as much as I use the available ploo words in my verses lately, it's timely but fun. Here it is Cre8, I know you don't really like chopped verses all that much but I think you'll dig this, at 0:33 :

http://djki.bandcamp...x-prod-by-dj-ki

"French writing then pen fighting, Jiu-Jitsu/
Laureates fragmented poems...thanks Ray Queneuau/"

(Note : My bandcamp is only like 25% complete)

QUOTE(Infinite Conscious @ Oct 2 2012, 03:12 PM) View Post
Basically. The layers are like a set of piano keys that a mixer uses to create a completely new rhyme and just like the piano the amount of compositions that can be created are infinite.

Great post as well. I posted earlier links here with older links to older links, not sure if Noc read it all though.

Edit :

I keep seeing a guy say "ploo ain't special, you can do it with a any verse, even a Lil Wayne verse", and I replied saying "Then make a 3 minute mix doing that. Or get 50 mixers to make 2,000 mixes from his longest verse or all of Lil Waynes verses combined, either slicing his bars switching rhyme layers or chopping each word and doing what we have done...ready...set...go"

Haven't heard back yet. Even if he did, he is missing the initial point of PLoo, which cre8 recently and others years ago, explained. Some might say "I'm sure Canibus didn't like yall chopping the words ha he intended it as only switchable layers" then my reply is buy Lyrical Law and listen to Rip vs Poet Laureate. Bis appreciates all the mixes.

Edited by Karmadeus, 03 October 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#33 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

http://canibuscentra...showtopic=76789

Bone24

04-12-2007, 11:30 PM

Here's the download. http://www.sendspace.com/file/dx1vhs

Back to the topic though, the song is revolutionary. 1000 lyrically advanced rhymes split into 5 separate verses that, when mixed, will rhyme everytime. This enables for an almost infinite amount of combinations. Watch out for his album, Rip the Jacker II: Infinity which will follow the same

#34 cre8

cre8

CC Commando

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Yeah. I used to think: why don't you just get one of those talking dictionary programs?

Who but Canibus has a fanbase this passionate and dedicated?

#35 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(cre8 @ Oct 24 2012, 11:04 PM) View Post
Who but Canibus has a fanbase this passionate and dedicated?

Word...

#36 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts
  • Interests:www.reverbnation.com/ploouto
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9_9SaGNqUs

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Infinity is like making bars out of Lego blocks, you can take segments of rhymes and re-customize the lines, add or decrease the amount of blocks to your liking, even use specific colors, change the pattern, weave your own creation into anything. throw in new bricks of words to the timeline or go beyond it

#37 cre8

cre8

CC Commando

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:25 AM

Yeah, the possibilities are as endless as one's imagination. I think the reason people have difficulty listening to the chopped mixes is because the words do not flow onto each other smoothly.

But that is not a reason to stop; it is just a challenge that needs to be conquered.

OOBE, for example, has managed to created excellent sentences that are very smooth and difficult to distinguish from Germaine's own voice.

Mixers could ask OOBE for tips. It might have something to do with word selection; a person's pitch rises and falls as they emphasise various things in a sentence, usually dropping off at the end (providing they are in a calm mood). If you take a word that was originally at the end of a sentence and place it at the beginning, it could sound too low, and out of place.

Try this... calmly say the sentence: "I had a nice day today". Then repeat it a few times, then repeat just the last word, so you get it.

Then say "Today I am very happy", but say "Today" the way you did at the end of the first sentence. See how odd it sounds? You kind of have to 'jump' from the low ending of "today" to the naturally higher tone of the syllable "I".

Anyway, at the moment I have a few things on my plate. As a result, I cannot mix and contribute as much as I did in the old days. That being said, I still think there is room for mixers to improve and take it to a new level.

Always remember, hip-hop is great, but there are other things out there too.

Edited by cre8, 31 October 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#38 iVan

iVan

CC Special Force

• Rippers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

this is the main reason why most heavily chopped mixes sound so distored and out of place

#39 stillz

stillz

CC Warrior

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

Most people don't have user-friendly mixing or producing programs. It is surprisingly easy, I have experience with video editing, with cutting and all that stuff. You have to be patient. I actually thought of a idea to literally cut each word out and name the mp3 or which ever audio format the rippers use. To for example have bis saying "what" and name is "what.mp3 and literally make sentences, but that would be VERY time consuming, but it always seemed like the smartest way to perfectly do this mixing shit. c0mp3x got it down!!!!!!! He rips tht shit down with the mixes il give him the props.

Does Bis himself know how to mix? I know very computer literate due to him having a bachelors in computer science.. you can tell bis is sort of like a computer type of guy.. I was thinking one day that canibus is truly ahead of his time. LIke think about it the bars he used in 2000 b.c and can i bus contain the sort of language that is common on the internet ( not slang). The man was using the net like most of us are when the internet was in its adolescence ages.

But lets be REAL !!!!!!! How long after we all get RTJ2oo are we going to start mixing? I speak for myself saying this, but I plan on listening the fuck out of the entire 10k bars before i consider even mixing.

This truly is a legendary project, for bis knows its not going to be utilized during its early release.

Im waiting for that day in 20-30 years when Im older, and people actually realize what we have here. Everyone i tell about this LP..all they say is "WHAT!? 10K?"

The god mc master bus

#40 Harjot

Harjot

The Matrix has you...

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(stillz @ Oct 31 2012, 01:23 PM) View Post
Most people don't have user-friendly mixing or producing programs. It is surprisingly easy, I have experience with video editing, with cutting and all that stuff. You have to be patient. I actually thought of a idea to literally cut each word out and name the mp3 or which ever audio format the rippers use. To for example have bis saying "what" and name is "what.mp3 and literally make sentences, but that would be VERY time consuming, but it always seemed like the smartest way to perfectly do this mixing shit. c0mp3x got it down!!!!!!! He rips tht shit down with the mixes il give him the props.

Does Bis himself know how to mix? I know very computer literate due to him having a bachelors in computer science.. you can tell bis is sort of like a computer type of guy.. I was thinking one day that canibus is truly ahead of his time. LIke think about it the bars he used in 2000 b.c and can i bus contain the sort of language that is common on the internet ( not slang). The man was using the net like most of us are when the internet was in its adolescence ages.
But lets be REAL !!!!!!! How long after we all get RTJ2oo are we going to start mixing? I speak for myself saying this, but I plan on listening the fuck out of the entire 10k bars before i consider even mixing.

This truly is a legendary project, for bis knows its not going to be utilized during its early release.
Im waiting for that day in 20-30 years when Im older, and people actually realize what we have here. Everyone i tell about this LP..all they say is "WHAT!? 10K?"

The god mc master bus

that's already been done, thanks to c0mpl3x, KI & Tussin:
http://canibuscentra...showtopic=76318

#41 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE(cre8 @ Oct 31 2012, 04:25 AM) View Post
Yeah, the possibilities are as endless as one's imagination. I think the reason people have difficulty listening to the chopped mixes is because the words do not flow onto each other smoothly.

But that is not a reason to stop; it is just a challenge that needs to be conquered.

Listen to my ploo ep on Nov 5th, it uses many methods.

OOBE, for example, has managed to created excellent sentences that are very smooth and difficult to distinguish from Germaine's own voice.

That's because he uses a half bar chop style, a style J Fangz used a perfected first. However OOBE chopped words, KGs and mine (now) are pretty smooth. One of his last mixes Undergods R Coming was great, and one of the few of oobe mixes out of 20 with no sexual content in the lyrics.

Although pound for pound, J Fangz made the best half bar chop songs ever.

I'm actually one of the few people to chop every word (and create just as many new words) in a mix but I'd admit each mix I make gets smoother and smoother. It's just A LOT of time and patience is required.

And why would people ask him, he hasn't made a ploo mix in years and the last mix he did (the bis vs diz) remix was a little off beat (although an improvement over the off beat mixes he did in 2007, which we almost all were slightingly guilty of via cpu). Good luck to whoever contacts him though lol.

I made a chop tutorial video in 2009, it was flagged and took down (guess by who).

But here is a sshot how to get bars smooth using U.P.P. (all ploo words chopped) :

But I don't think many are interested in ploo tutorials, they are waiting on rtj2oo and that has tutorials on dvd.

It might have something to do with word selection; a person's pitch rises and falls as they emphasise various things in a sentence, usually dropping off at the end (providing they are in a calm mood). If you take a word that was originally at the end of a sentence and place it at the beginning, it could sound too low, and out of place.

Your right about word selection, also perfectly chopping/trimming the words and lining them up perfectly mimicking how Bis would rap over the track by zooming in at 40x, shifting and raising/lowering the volume of each word for a better cadence. (See picture above.)

Try this... calmly say the sentence: "I had a nice day today". Then repeat it a few times, then repeat just the last word, so you get it.

Then say "Today I am very happy", but say "Today" the way you did at the end of the first sentence. See how odd it sounds? You kind of have to 'jump' from the low ending of "today" to the naturally higher tone of the syllable "I".

Anyway, at the moment I have a few things on my plate. As a result, I cannot mix and contribute as much as I did in the old days. That being said, I still think there is room for mixers to improve and take it to a new level.

It already has been taken to the next level.

Always remember,

The 5th of November.

Edited by Karmadeus, 01 November 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#42 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

I just find this interesting.

Creating new words like archaeologist or acoustically takes minutes just by themselves, because you must chop other words to create it, trim it, then line it up next to last word of bar etc, double check it etc.

#43 EWS

EWS

Unknown

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1986 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE(stillz @ Oct 31 2012, 10:23 AM) View Post
It is surprisingly easy, I have experience with video editing, with cutting and all that stuff.

Thats crazy, thats how I started too. Metajake helped me learn garageband which I used to mix all my ploo stuff. Now I use final cut pro, a video editing program to mix

Does Bis himself know how to mix?

Why would Canibus mix layers his own voice when he could just rap himself? LMAO!!!

But lets be REAL !!!!!!! How long after we all get RTJ2oo are we going to start mixing?

At least a few months for sure. Gonna soak it all in.

QUOTE(Karmadeus @ Oct 31 2012, 09:25 PM) View Post
Listen to my ploo ep on Nov 5th, it uses many methods.
That's because he uses a half bar chop style, a style J Fangz used a perfected first. However OOBE chopped words, KGs and mine (now) are pretty smooth. One of his last mixes Undergods R Coming was great, and one of the few of oobe mixes out of 20 with no sexual content in the lyrics.

Although pound for pound, J Fangz made the best half bar chop songs ever.

I'm actually one of the few people to chop every word (and create just as many new words) in a mix but I'd admit each mix I make gets smoother and smoother. It's just A LOT of time and patience is required.

I made a chop tutorial video in 2009, it was flagged and took down (guess by who).

Who flagged your video??? Also Im anxious to hear your new mixes KI, I know your gonna take it to that next level. J fangz is a beast too & thats true what you said about oobe, she was obsessed with having sex with germaine lol I mean who wants to hear a mix about sucking canibus testicles?

#44 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:25 AM

Thx, EWS. Appreciated.

I liked Omnis, Prolix, RA, Cre8, P Digi, ETC blends.

I liked J Fangz half bar chop mixes. OOBE (out of the 20 mixes - just the non sexual ones), Lord Zero, XP, ETC made smooth ones of that style too.

I like Baal, HRH, Meta, IA, Layzie, H8N, Tussin, ETC timeline layer switch mixes.

I like that KG has smooth chop word mixes (I think I got to that point now, but yall decide Nov 5th). EWS (channel zero 2, monster), L3, Manson, ETC lately have made smooth chop word mixes too. I think Ferd was first one to chop words.

I like 51, PL3x, Vorp, Harjot, ETC super lyrical vox and hype mixes.

I like that RTR makes new words like I like to do a lot. Also, his half bar/word chop mixes are very smooth.

Bottom line, I like what each and every mixer mixes. From old mixers to new mixers. From those who stopped to those who still do, which isn't a lot. It's all about getting better and always trying to improve, be innovative and ETC.

To answer you, I'd say the person or alias party or whatever who flagged my video tutorials was the ones leaving stalker comments but I merged mad clips of those videos in the ploo crew megamix video. I posted a sshot above too.

Edited by Karmadeus, 03 November 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#45 iVan

iVan

CC Special Force

• Rippers
  • PipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

what are sexual mixes? bis telling dirty stuff? wtf

#46 Sifu

Sifu

Master of Ceremonies

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

ok so basically Bis made interchangeable lines.. how exactly does that work though? how is that possible for it to be coherent? is it a hundred lines that rhyme with equal syllables, and u can choose any of those hundred to create the first two bars? what about the next 2 bars? are there hundreds more different rhymes to choose from there too?

help me to understand this.. lets say im making a mix. i basically just have a shitload of lines that match and i can put them together any kinda way?, for example.. the first bar i could put together:

i punch geeks in the rectums when they talkin the shit
my lunch meat is my victims u can call me a pit

OR i could have mixed:

i punk beats and dissect em while u callin it quits
i run streets in your section have u fall in a ditch

i mean... is it like saying i could swap any of those lines together to make a bar? i know i am not understanding it right because when i think about it, its just like a shitload of lines that happen to rhyme with the same syllable count, and they are being thrown together to make half coherent rhymes.. it has to be deeper than that.

#47 Member 10417

Member 10417

League Of Infinity

• Rippers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(Ivan @ Nov 3 2012, 11:01 AM) View Post
what are sexual mixes? bis telling dirty stuff? wtf

QUOTE(EWS @ Nov 3 2012, 03:28 AM) View Post
& thats true what you said about oobe, was obsessed with having sex with germaine lol I mean who wants to hear a mix about sucking canibus testicles?

= = =

QUOTE(Sifu @ Nov 3 2012, 02:26 PM) View Post
ok so basically Bis made interchangeable lines.. how exactly does that work though?

Wassup Sifu, I remember your text and audio battles here back in day, dope.

Originally there was a mixing board at pli.com where you could play the pli, switching between the 2 beats and 5 layers at same time (or just choosing 1 beat and arming audio of 1 layer or some or all layers at different times, muting one arming another) which were synced, but we mix it in a DAW now.

There various methods we use. At first just blending it, like just playing verse 1 or switch between layers when mixing board was up as a 11 minute audio verse (200+ bars) x 5 channel/layer timeline...

QUOTE(Metajake @ Apr 12 2007, 06:35 PM) View Post
yeah so I just sat here and switched between the five "S" buttons for about 2 minutes. I've hit several overlapping (rhyming) syllabels. Thats fucking cool.

But now with DAW (acid pro) you could play all verses back to back with a new beat (1000 bar method), or switch between 5 layers as it plays out, or slice different parts of a verse so it's re arranged, or slice half bars together or now we chop it word by word and create new words and verses.

how is that possible for it to be coherent? is it a hundred lines that rhyme with equal syllables, and u can choose any of those hundred to create the first two bars? what about the next 2 bars? are there hundreds more different rhymes to choose from there too?

help me to understand this.. lets say im making a mix. i basically just have a shitload of lines that match and i can put them together any kinda way?, for example.. the first bar i could put together:

i punch geeks in the rectums when they talkin the shit
my lunch meat is my victims u can call me a pit

OR i could have mixed:

i punk beats and dissect em while u callin it quits
i run streets in your section have u fall in a ditch

i mean... is it like saying i could swap any of those lines together to make a bar? i know i am not understanding it right because when i think about it, its just like a shitload of lines that happen to rhyme with the same syllable count, and they are being thrown together to make half coherent rhymes.. it has to be deeper than that.

He is acknowledged audibly for this because there are 3,000 remixes of pli, which was labeled 1,000 bars but once you understand it fully, you'd know it's infinite. It was explained here a million times, also in THIS thread there links to older threads which have links to even older threads and to others, etc that fully explain it.

Now, it's not restricted to perfectly sync switching full bars from different layers or not, you just chop it word by word or cut up syllables to create new words that create new verses, songs, etc. Hell, sometimes I don't mix it on a DAW/CPU, but make a verse by hitting buttons (words) on my ASR/MPC to form bars :

Wb-O-9BXbAc

Metajake even used a usb glove midi with DAW (all 5 layers have same start and end points in DAW starting at let's say 0:10 and ending at 11:20) :

ckQ0L7uOEYg

And I don't think the original pli mixing board from pli.com works, so IA re created one :

Or just line up layers in a DAW like Acid Pro...from Omni tutorial :

Line up a new beat (channel 2) exactly the same under the ploo beat (channel 1), then mute ploo beat so you just hear new beat, 87 bpm :

Now you see and hear new beat, line up a ploo layer acapella in channel 3 or add all 5 layer acapellas from channel 3 - 7 :

= = =

How is it coherent ? Well in switching layers/timeline method :

"
------------------[Vocal 1]

Bar 1 - I got bored with four beats to the measure, Professor speech compressor/"

"

------------------[Vocal 2]

Bar 2 - Dating back to forever...the warrior, became protector/,"

= = =

Or half bar chop method (J Fangz, OOBE, etc) or half bar method and chopping 1 word (inspired) :

"

------------------[Vocal 3]

Bar 1 - It was placed on the Mayan Sun Stone/,"

"
------------------[Vocal 4]

Bar 1 - Who was it then ?/,"

That would be 1 bar, here would finish 2nd bar in that method :

Bar 2 - It must have been/ by God/ , inspired to puzzle them/

From this :

"

------------------[Vocal 3]

It was placed on the Mayan Sun Stone to puzzle them/,
Starting with some numbers, the code cracker started crunching/"

"

------------------[Vocal 4]

Inspired / by God , inspired by the suffering/,
Was it done by a prophet? It must of been , who was it then ?/,"

= = =

You do that by slicing the bars in a DAW ^ Or you can just blend it lining up the 5 layers back to back (like the first mix (which I thought was a promo from Bis camp but KG explained it was a fan mix) I heard on hiphopgame.com back in 04/07) or slice different bars from same or different layers rearranging them or half bar chops or chopping it word by word.

If you want to hear a smooth chop word verse (not how it was written out in ploo but chopped words rearranged) and hook made in DAW, check out KG (1st verse) and hook here :

http://djki.bandcamp...x-prod-by-dj-ki

Or if you want to hear a smooth chop word PLoo tape, I'll send you my new EP called Mixing Mechanism tomorrow which I did all the beats, skits, scratching, mixing, chopping, etc.

Does that answer you ?

(TiamaatMAN @ Sep 3 2006, 07:34 PM)
After I created BAR WAR I sat down and looked at if for what it was worth. 400 bars structured as 200 bars accompanied by it's 200 bar twin. Priceless in my opinion. I could have done 600 bars by writing 200 bars and 2 identical twins or 1000 bars w/ 5 fraternal quintuplets. To some of you this is just rap but to me it has always been bigger than that. BAR WAR cheats time. Therefore it is ETERNAL. I am human but I have discovered an ETERNAL rhyme. Who else in HIP HOP is trying this hard to do anything extraordinary. Your favorites have crossed the threshold of their goals and are bored w/ the music. I never quit any of you.

Edited by Karmadeus, 04 November 2012 - 01:11 AM.

#48 Sifu

Sifu

Master of Ceremonies

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

hell yea good shit. i guess where i start to understand the most is by actually listening to the mixes. i have heard some awesome ones so far.. at first when i would listen to poet laureate i would be thinking why the hell in so many different songs he be saying the same shit, like my skull is a submarine hull etc.. but it also goes good together..

i cant argue somehow Bis managed to evolve his flow/delivery to a point where you could indeed chop every line word by word to create a good sounding flow. that alone is an accomplishment i guess..

but the way you wrote out the lines and how they can be mixed is pretty amazing. of course credit has to be due to any producer or engineer with talent, but even a talented one could not do the same to any lyricists shit. so i guess Canibus HAS to be acknowledged for the craft put into his work making it structurally possible to do those mixes properly.

i suppose i have always understood that to a degree, but over time so many different terms have been thrown out that i just couldn't follow. things like 1000 bars, bar war, 10k bars, Ploo, etc.. sometimes i have a hard time differentiating just what the fuck all these things are. I just know that im always trying to promote canibus to my niggas. might be burning down one or something chilling wanting to play some shit, and i know in my mind not too many people listen to Bis. When i play his shit people have no choice but to give it up for the man.. but i would like to explain to them his greater accomplishments.. if i were to say to them "nigga whaaat you need to check his infinite rhyme shit" or something, they would be like what the fuck is that? its the type of shit that goes over most peoples heads so they cant respect it properly.

Edited by Sifu, 04 November 2012 - 07:05 AM.

#49 Sifu

Sifu

Master of Ceremonies

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

oh yea can someone break out the details about this DVD he got coming out? maybe its the promotion or maybe im retarded, but at this point as a fan i dont even know what the fuck it is. a DVD with footage and tracks? just tracks no video? is it so much damn audio it couldnt fit on regular shit so they had to throw it on a DVD?

#50 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Orbit @ Feb 11 2008, 04:38 AM) View Post
"Poet Laureate Infinity". The track has 1,000 bars, in the form of five 200 bar verses (which are all eleven minutes in length), and is layered in such a way that when you mix back and forth between each 200-bar verse, the other four verses are identical to the original verse in both sound and enunciation of the words for the entire length of the verse. And because each verse has similar words and a similar rhyme scheme, you can mix the track differently every time and it would still make sense; the combinations of rhymes that can be made from all five verses are infinite, hence the name of the song.

I was looking up "Infinity" because i just got the Infinity symbol tattooed on my upper back a week ago in Vegas. I stumbled upon this on the wiki page to "Infinity". Not sure if this has been posted or not but i thought it would be worth a thread, so i apologize if this is old news. Bis has embedded more than you could decipher IMO.
Infinity is a mentality. Additionally, its the symbol to the Magician on tarot cards. Oddly enough.

http://canibuscentra...showtopic=53331

#51 Rainbow

Rainbow

7COLORS

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

the best way to explain will always be if they get hands on with it themselves

its always the best way to learn... i've never read a manual

#52 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

yeah no doubt, myself i am a tactile learner... may take a longer time for advanced processes... regarding anything... but once you learn it. you never forget.

and as well this is just to help for listeners to understand the concepts entirety. the proportion of mixers to listeners will always be higher towards the casual hip hop head

get everyone on the same page, save time and energy alien3.gif

#53 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

http://canibuscentra...i_mixing_board/ quick link for anyone wanting to playtest the original way

http://canibuscentra...showtopic=48655 post 15-26

http://canibuscentra...showtopic=46622

http://www.hiphop-in...opic.php?t=2498

iuB3LJHHgLc

wS7CZIJVxFY

other related information.

#54 Layzie

Layzie

Touch my microphone on accident and get murdered on purpose.

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • Interests:Making beats.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

A little known fact about "P.L.I." is that when you do it right, the track will cure any disease, allow actual time travel, and award the listener with immortality.
best explanation

#55 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Canibus boasts that this rhyme can outlive your whole lifetime and meet you on the other side when you arrive.

so i have lots of music to enjoy on the "other side" a very worthwhile endeavor indeed.

#56 Karas Otoha

Karas Otoha

Fou-Lu

• Rippers
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(tussin @ Apr 26 2013, 04:58 PM) View Post
Canibus boasts that this rhyme can outlive your whole lifetime and meet you on the other side when you arrive.

so i have lots of music to enjoy on the "other side" a very worthwhile endeavor indeed.

lol congrats.gif

#57 LOAk

LOAk

Legendary Ripper

• Rippers
  • PipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:Money, Hoes and clothes

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(VenVile @ Sep 5 2012, 03:22 AM) View Post
Friend_One, your explanation is too long and a bit too deep. Average Hip Hop fans are not going to appreciate or properly grasp it. Maybe it can be used in a "Understanding Infinity" thesis of some sort, or "A Deeper Look At Infinity", with examples.

As for what to call it, call it "A style of rhyming called Infinite Rhyming, created by Canibus."

What is it?

Infinite Rhyming consists of several verses, called layers, that share the exact same rhyme scheme and flow. By putting each layer into a separate channel of a mixer, it gives the user the ability to switch between layers seamlessly. This creates a nearly infinite amount of ways for the layers to be mixed and still retain it's rhyme structure, content, rhythm and flow.

OR

Infinite Rhyming consists of several verses, called layers, that share the exact same rhyme scheme and flow. By putting each layer into a separate channel of a mixer, it gives the user the ability to switch between layers seamlessly, while still maintaining a coherent rhyme structure, content, rhythm and flow. This allows users to create their own songs, or mixes, in an infinite number of ways.

Then, you can proceed to put examples (both written and audio examples) like,
For example,
Layer 1, Mixer Channel 1:
I spit rhymes for your pleasure/ You listen at your leisure/
I only record it once you listen to it forever/ (with audio snippet if possible)

Layer 2, Mixer Channel 2:
I spit at a thousand KIPS, kilo tonnes of pressure/
Every letter is measured/ in such a way you will remember/ (with audio snippet if possible).
Or, whatever example you deem fit.

Then, we can put your deeper explanation, and from there, go into advanced mixing techniques, like chopping, etc.

I like the idea of attributing Canibus to this style of rhyming "He invented Infinite Rhyming..." Just like Kool G Rap/Rakim is cited as being the one who created Multisyllable Rhyming, and DMX/K-Solo being credited with the "Spellbound Style of Rhyming". Except, this time, there will be no argument as to who invented Infinite Rhyming. There is only one person in that debate, and it's Canibus. Plus, we can go on to say something to the effect of, "Other rappers who have attempted Infinite Rhyming, following in the steps of Canibus, are Presto, Born Sun...etc" You guys feel me?

Somewhere in all of this, we can add the stats of Infinite Mixes. How many have been made by fans, the total duration of the mixes if played back to back, and the total size (in GB) of these combined mixes. I think those tid bits of info will add a bit of a WOW factor, and will make people say..."Damn, I didn't know so many people were doing this shit." That will def make other people more curious. And who knows, it can even inspire some rappers to try it. Of course, 1000+ bars will seem daunting to many rappers, but we can include something like "Canibus has made, 1000 bar and 10,000 bar Infinite Rhymes. However, one doesn't need thousands of bars to do this. Infinite Rhymes can be made with 40, 50, 100-bar Layers, or any amount of bars an artist chooses, utilising at least 2 to 3 Layers." Of course, that won't really qualify as an "Infinite Rhyme" if it's so short, but...it will appear less intimidating for other rappers and they may give it a shot.

I believe this explanation along with some sort of illustration would b the best way of breaking down Infinity. I can see ppl trying Infinity with fewer bars. How awesome is it that years from now when cats are trying this we can say that our favorite rapper was the first artist in history to create something so ahead of its time.
Canibus isnt just an artist hes an inventor.

Edited by LOAk, 27 April 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#58 tussin

tussin

League Of Infinity

• CC Modz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

Infinity is an imagination based expression.

Edited by tussin, 19 June 2013 - 07:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users